Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Aug 5, 2004, 11:34 PM   #11

Thjanks, cowboy! I wil start doing that! I really wanted to find a way to do that.. I've just been working on putting my weight deep and a littl farther back! Awesome tip!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 10:04 AM   #12

shot 4 is Very good. i love the way the horse is eyeballing the barrel as he turns. Very good action shot all round
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 5:11 PM   #13

Jen-Awesome picture taking! I especially love the sliding stop, as well as the barrel picture!Good job!

Amy-I wish I could have been at the show but I had to work. The pics are awesome and it looks like Disco is doing really good. Sorry about Key Hole I heard about that!
AngelaPangela87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 10:26 PM   #14

Yeah Ang.. not really fun. I've got another show tomorrow and I have already strategized what I am going to do so hopefully it will all work out! I am planning to do well. I am wearing really cool colors tomorrow! you'll have to come to see what they look like! I am really excited hahaha they will look COOOOL!

Old Aug 8, 2004, 10:48 AM   #15

Dale, at the horseshow yesterday I did the slimp all day and said "Whoa" very loud, and by the end of the night he was getting the hang of it! He knew he wouldn't need rein pressure if he just stopped during the first cue!

Jenni- too bad you couldn't come! I brought the cam just in case but it stayed in the car all night! But WOW.. you should have seen my barrel run. I still can't believe I did it. I beat Keith McHattie... Bud Dorsey... and EVERYONE. I couldn't believe it. I got first place, won a mug and a blue ribbon. My time was 15.7... the next time was a 15.8.. and then 16.2! Wow! And in speed dash outta 60+ people I won first again! He did a dream of a turn, just close enough! We won with a 6.2! Yay! Hahah so yeah too bad you didn't get to see it. Is it ossible to post a video online?Because I have on of my speed dash run on my computer.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 1:44 PM   #16

Amy Good for you, and disco.. Keep itup... Dale
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2004, 1:50 PM   #17

yeah you can post it....i'm not sure how...i think you'll need to host it somewhere...and link it...or have it downloadable as a winzip...if you know how to do that....

if you want...you can email it to me, and i'll see wat i can do...

Vito

(congratulations on your win btw...i'm not very knowledgeable about the times and stuff, but if you beat 60+ people, it couldn't have been bad! ....good job)

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2004, 1:55 PM   #18

Hey THANKS Cowboy43! Wow, was that a compliment! Lol! Though, Im sure a part of the picture was the awesome camera, and another part the awesome subject. Keeper, the horse I ride, is not quite a gamer, so I compromise and work really hard on photographing my friends and their spunky gamers. I think I might even try working the slump. I'll takeany tips, since Keeper has the spirit for games, but not quite the body or knowledge.

Right now, we're in a stage of mad bucking, isn't that right Ames? Lol. *inside joke*
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2004, 9:39 PM   #19

LOL! Nah he's just trying to teach you to bronc ride! Hahahaha! Silly little (big) guy!

Haha yeah well riding stupid head Granite today in a snaffle wasn't very much fun either. When he started bucking and I realized that he doesn't know how to neck rein in a snaffle was when I started not having as much fun. Ey at least his trot and canter (and some bucks) were smooth!
Old Aug 9, 2004, 7:59 AM   #20

discodudette wrote:
Quote:
Figuring out how to hold the bat (first time ever using one)... I decided my mouth was the easiest place haha... or maybe Im just snacking on the leather.. deciding if it tastes like beef jerky or not!

In the picture it looks more like you're trying to put it in your nose
JinE is offline   Reply With Quote