Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Aug 4, 2004, 9:10 PM   #1

Hope you're okay with this, Jenni.

Jenni took this series of pics of me and Disco at the show today with my camera using the action mode on auto focus.

Attached Images

discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2004, 9:14 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Aug 4, 2004, 9:15 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old Aug 4, 2004, 9:16 PM   #4

Hope you're okay with my hands, cowboy!

As for the rest of that race.... that shall remain unspoken... let's just say.. it didn't go how I wished it would..
Old Aug 5, 2004, 11:37 AM   #5

Very nice nice trio of photos!

Jenni, I love how you have captured the movements of Disco with da Dudette astride.

The magic, the power, the incredible reflexes of an equine are ably captured here.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2004, 1:37 PM   #6

Of course Im okay, silly! THANK YOU for letting me borrow your camera for the day! I babied that thing. People were like, Can I see the pictures? And I was all like, No, ask Ames. Hehe!

Yeah, I definately love how Disco slid through that keyhole... Disco was just being weird until your AMAZING barrel run! ROCK ON GIRL!
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2004, 1:38 PM   #7

Those spectators in the background do not look nearly as impressed as I was :-)
JinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2004, 1:47 PM   #8

Thanks Jin!

Jenni... omg I was SOOOO happy after barrels!! After my horrid day it was an AWESOME way to end the day! I was so happy!

Here's a pic you toko of my 2nd barrel, Jen! If my mouth is open I am saying, "Dont knock it, Disco!!"

Attached Images

Old Aug 5, 2004, 1:49 PM   #9

Figuring out how to hold the bat (first time ever using one)... I decided my mouth was the easiest place haha... or maybe Im just snacking on the leather.. deciding if it tastes like beef jerky or not!

Attached Images

Old Aug 5, 2004, 9:21 PM   #10

Well girls here we go.. Jen the pics you took are very good, I must say and I mean this, The barrel turn picyou took is one of the best shotsI have seen. andI have shot Charmane.. It looks almost 3-D to me excellant!!! And the run home, 3 feet in the air, Good jobkeep it up.. AmyI like to see those light hands.... In all the picsI never see an open mouth on disco.... Nice communication with your horse.. And IMHO Disco looks like quite the athelete.. Good slidding stops, gets his hind end down, nice . As a cutter myself I am glad to see you using the saddle horn for balance instead of the reins, I am not sure where people get the idea that a saddle horn is just there to punch you in the gut on a hard cut.. Its there to HOLD ON TO.. here is a tip amy.. Its called the slump.. When applying the brakes push forwward with your hand on the saddle horn this will push you deep in the pocket of the saddle allowing your weight to help disco on his hind quarters.. Do this push everytime you stop disco even at a walk..Everytime!!! Disco will feel this and before long (and it will take a while) you can walk along and push on the horn and he will stop.. just from the push..This is one of the tricks we use when cutting because we cant use the reins when working the cow..... Dale
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote