Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:21 AM   #11

Shell wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for all of your comments! Cowboy43,Sorry that I have not gotten back to you sooner, (been gone for a few days with the grandkids!)

I use a cannon 10D, the lens I use for bullriding is a 28-135mm-IS. The new lens that I just bought 70-200mmm is a little tight,I really like the 2.8 on this lens.Currently I am looking for another 2.8 lens with less mms. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks Randy:|

Too bada lens like theLeica Image Stabilized 2.8 35-420mm that's on the Panasonic FZ series can't be had to fit on a SLR for the price of the Panasonic camera alone :P That's 2.8 throughout the entire zoom range. My digital rebel totingfriend enjoyed the ease of use of my Panasonic enough (not having to carry around a huge heavy bag with a couple of lenses) that she finds that she carries the FZ more then her Digital Rebel because of it's versatility and ease of use.

F/2.8
1/60 sec
ISO-50

Taken at full telephoto (420mm). I find that I can get down as low as 1/30 and still get reasonably sharp images as full tele with the IS of the Panasonic.

It's half way decent at Macro too.

JinE is offline   Reply With Quote