Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:50 AM   #21

I have a chance to get a canon 20 d with the kit 55 mm lens and a tamron 80-300 3.5-5.6 lens and a mono pod and remote , flash card , for $1,000 from a friend of mine ,should i pass this deal up for the d70 ,i was set to buy the d 70 ,until this offer came up. I shoot mostly highschool sports of my kids (football, softball, volleyball wrestling) which i print to 8x10,11x14, and larger. I also shoot wildlife and outdoor pictures. Is there any thing i will loose with the 20d over the d70? Or is this the way to go? They both seem to be fairly equal camera's. I heard the 20d focuses faster, and shoots at 5fps(not sure that makes a huge difference over 3fps (d70) ,or the 8mp vs 6mp...most 6 mp cameras look like they make some awesome prints. The metering is possibly better and more accurate colors on the d70,and flash syn is faster not sure how that would come into play? Man it is a tough choice ,but the 20d at that price seems a steel ,and its in awesome shape i have used it a bit when my buddy came over, he needs the money.... Any advice i would love to here it. Thanks Bill Butcher

please email me at WButcher@kanebpipeline.com

my zwdb08@yahoo is not accesible to me anymore.
zwdb08 is offline   Reply With Quote