Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old May 30, 2005, 10:29 AM   #1

This kid is a great catcher and a great arm to any base.

This was a tuff shot as in that she was in both sun and shade with a red glow from the paint on the dug outs. Is there a way to stop the blow out on her leg and still get the shot???

Comments welcomed...

dale

Attached Images

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2005, 1:05 PM   #2

I cannot comment on your query since I find myself having the same challenge.

Commenting on the shot I find it to be a very good action shot with the ball and puff of dirt coming out of the catchers mitt. The concentration on the faces here are very well captured as well.

Thanks for sharing,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:51 PM   #3

Dale,

I would have included more of the umpire in the shot as she would add interest as well. I always "shoot wide", then crop later using software.

As far as the highlight, the problem is that the tonal range of the shot was more than what your camera could deal with.

You could have done an exposure compensation to darken down the shot a little bit. You could always use PhotoshopElements to "burn in" the leg so that it would darken down a little (post processing option).

All in all, you have a good start.With a few more tricks and tips, you'll be taking very admirable shots.

-- Terry
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 7:57 PM   #4

I think that you "caught" a very interesting shot, Dale, and I particularly like the detail on her face. Very nice work.

Ward
Ward Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:57 PM   #5

terry@softreq.com wrote:
Quote:
Dale,

I would have included more of the umpire in the shot as she would add interest as well. I always "shoot wide", then crop later using software.

Hi Terry,

In the slide-show I do for the girls at the end of the season and any printouts the Ump will be gone. The kids and the parents don't care about the people in blue. (Or in this case pink --- It was a scrimmage)I left it in here so everyone knew that this was a real shot taken during a game. I think you're right though... I wanted the batter too but she was a jumper. Tell ya what Terry. I'll try another shot and get the whole story in there.On this shot though I wanted detail, because Amy had made a couple of very close throws to first to keep an aggressive runner on and then was "Look'n" her back.

I do all my post processing with Corel Photo Paint. There was some on this shot but not a lot.

Amy keep jumping in and out of the light! "AMY WILL YOU STAY STILL?!?!" She didn't listen. Sheezzz... Kids!

Thanks again Terry
dale

Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:03 PM   #6

Ward Larson wrote:
Quote:
I think that you "caught" a very interesting shot, Dale, and I particularly like the detail on her face. Very nice work.

Ward
Thanks Ward... Hope to see some more of your pictures here soon.

dale