Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Jul 24, 2005, 6:18 PM   #1

Hey guys,

I havent been browsing that often due to work, but today I was able to go out at the track and take pictures using my sigma lens (70-300 APOII). Unfortunately I was unable to buy a mono-pod in time so all the pictures were taken hand held. Nevertheless, this is my first-time panning and I'm quite happy the way my pictures turned out.

At first I started using sports mode on my 300D but I couldnt pan. so I decided to use manual mode, iso100, several different whitebalance, Aperture between 10 and 13,shutter 100-250. I am not that great yet with photoshop so after resizing the pics, it seems that I lost some "vividness" in terms of color....Enjoy!

for the experienced guys and girls, post some tips to improve my image. I think mainly on the image thatare soft, I need to increase the shutter speed.

p.s - some of the pictures are cropped because there are many distraction mainly fence from the race track.

rally123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2005, 6:58 PM   #2

I think you did a great job. This is coming from a non-expert, so take it for what it is worth, but I think you got the shutter speed perfect. Any faster and you don't get the motion blur and the blur in the wheels. For example, in your 6th pic the shutter speed has stopped all motion and the car looks like it is parked, unlike the rest of your shots. Great job.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote