Old Sep 4, 2005, 7:27 PM   #1

A few pictures from Saturday night...

Some Others....

http://john-g.smugmug.com/gallery/782417

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2005, 8:12 PM   #2

JohnG

Wow! these are great... I really like the last one.... Very good.

What camera?

Since i see you are from Akron I wondered if you won. So i grabbed the PD and OMIGOD!!! You guys killed Rhodes... I hope you don't play NDCL.

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2005, 8:42 PM   #3

Thanks.

Actually the game was Lake Catholic of Mentor and Benedictine - a great game (especially if you're a Lake fan :G).

They were taken with a 20d and Sigma 70-200 2.8 (some few with a 1.4x tc but that only lasts about halfway through the first quarter) - by the end of the game I was shooting at 3200 and 2.8 - precisely the reason I bought the 20d

Old Sep 5, 2005, 8:48 PM   #4

Very cool shots.

Maybe just a tad tightly cropped.

You might want to shoot a little wider, then crop down later using software.

Sometimes a little wider angle looks very cool when you do a huge enlargement, like a 11 x 17 incher.

-- Terry
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:05 AM   #5

Terry,

Thanks for the advice. Actually in most cases I did shoot wide and chose to crop tightly - the exceptions of course are when things got close (I was using a 70-200 and was surprised that it was too tight some times - I can see where a second body with a 28-70 2.8 would be handy - anyone got a few grand they can give me :-)). But, I will keep your advice in mind when cropping the next time.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:03 PM   #6

JohnG

Hey! that's even closer and i know we play Lake Catholic in Mentor on 10-29. Was one of your kids on either team? And yes, i will have a kid there myself... My daughter plays the flute. Much safer.

dale

Old Sep 7, 2005, 7:03 AM   #7

Dale,

Yep, last game of the season (well hopefully just regular season :-)). I actually don't have any children in either school but I graduated from Lake back in '88. Living down in Wadsworth (just easier to put Akron in my profile) I don't get to see Lake play too often but I try to make it to at least 1 or 2 games a year with old H.S. friends.

As for flute being safer, you're not kidding. One of the Lake players, a senior captain, tore his ACL in the 2nd quarter. What makes it worse was he was predicted to win state last year in wrestling until he tore the ACL in his OTHER knee. This game was his first official sports action since the tear last year. Now after one game his season is over and quite possibly his wrestling career (and possible future wrestling scholarship). What a real shame.

Best of luck to your team - at least up until 10/29
Old Sep 7, 2005, 9:50 PM   #8

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
As for flute being safer, you're not kidding. One of the Lake players, a senior captain, tore his ACL in the 2nd quarter. What makes it worse was he was predicted to win state last year in wrestling until he tore the ACL in his OTHER knee. This game was his first official sports action since the tear last year. Now after one game his season is over and quite possibly his wrestling career (and possible future wrestling scholarship). What a real shame.
OUCH!

Thanks and good luck to Lake C. ... NDCL is having a really bad year. No really. Bad bad bad. But the flurte sound great!

dale

Old Sep 8, 2005, 12:29 PM   #9
CPV

Good Luck to you this season...

How is Stanzi doing this year? for d3, I'm rooting for the St Mary's Roughriders (lost in the state game last yearto Benedictine) since I work in this town and are the only local d3 team that appears to have a chance.
CPV is offline   Reply With Quote