Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:28 PM   #1

I take a lot of girls baseball pictures. Most are OK... But sometimes there is a really good one. And other times there are really good ones that... Well.. I screwed up. These are my BIG regrets this season.

Picture #1... OK. I can here Terry typing now. Shoot wide crop later. I was shooting with remote release and expected to play to go lower. It didn't.

Picture #2 was my daughter's fault. She is the lead off batter and we got to the game just as it started. As we were getting unloaded, chairs and camera equipment, I see she already standing on first. I grab the camera and run to the fence because she ALWAYS STEALS. The very moment I turn on the camera shes off. If it had not been for the Canon fast start system there would have been no picture. Then again maybe I wouldn't get mad every time i see it. The great shoot that got away.

COMMENTS ALWAYS WELCOMED Even newbies.

dale

PS: I'm going to do a post with some good ones too. I don't want you guys to think they were all bad.

Picture #1

Attached Images

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:29 PM   #2

Picture #2

Attached Images

Old Nov 23, 2005, 6:48 PM   #3

thatsanicepicture2 wrote:
Quote:
Picture #1... OK. I can here Terry typing now. Shoot wide crop later. I was shooting with remote release and expected to play to go lower. It didn't.

Picture #2 was my daughter's fault. She is the lead off batter and we got to the game just as it started. As we were getting unloaded, chairs and camera equipment, I see she already standing on first. I grab the camera and run to the fence because she ALWAYS STEALS. The very moment I turn on the camera shes off. If it had not been for the Canon fast start system there would have been no picture. Then again maybe I wouldn't get mad every time i see it. The great shoot that got away.
What is remote release?

The second picture looks ok.
1morethyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 6:34 PM   #4

A remote release is a switch to trigger the shutter. Mine is a corded button that i push. the reason i use a remote is that I was shooting video at the same time. When the play goes i just hit the release

The second picture is WAY over exposed. Bad bad bad...

dale

Old Dec 1, 2005, 2:10 PM   #5

Yeah, the second picture is a wee overexposed, but at least your daughter didn't have someone sticking their cleats into her foot while she was stealing. I had that happen to me when I was 9 playing little league. Hurt like..well, it hurt a lot, even with hard rubber cleats. Not too shabby pictures, though.
apekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 5:46 PM   #6

apekt wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, the second picture is a wee overexposed, but at least your daughter didn't have someone sticking their cleats into her foot while she was stealing. I had that happen to me when I was 9 playing little league. Hurt like..well, it hurt a lot, even with hard rubber cleats. Not too shabby pictures, though.
apekt,

Well... As you well know, If they're stealing it's part of the job.... For both the runner and the kid covering the base. Kate has gotten spiked and has spiked a couple of kids. (Not on purpose) But in the last picture in Girls that steal

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=82

she twisted knee but finished the game. (Pitcher you know. Gota finish) She hobbled around a few days but was ready for the next game.

Thanks for looking and leaving a comment.

dale