Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Nov 22, 2005, 8:19 PM   #1

I owned the camera less than a week when I took this picture. A tough breakaway save on a dark, cloudy day. I made several edits in Photoshop on this picture, including cloning out a player that had no impact on the play from the left side, brightening the image, cropping it down, and a slight sharpen. I didn't spend much time on the image since I made a ton of mistakes and am not really happy with the image. The camera is a KM 7D, kit 28-100 lens, and tht was slightly too slow for the light available. As soon as I can get a good weather day, I'll be back out taking pictures. Interested in composition comments mostly, the shutter speed, aperture, etc. those were all mistakes that I made that I learned to minimize in the future. If interested, I can post a copy of the original image to give an idea on how much change was done.
Attached Images

ds3509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:32 PM   #2

Hey! Terry is gonna like it... It's W-I-D-E.

The thing i notice in the EXIF data is you were ISO400. That might be the ISO with the least noise but you could jack that up. That would allow more light in and faster shutter. What ISO does the KM 7D go to. At 1/125 your IS is all that saving you. It's to slow for sports. BTW That's a heck of a great camera. You're gonna love it.

dale

PS: we're not supposed to give Critiques here. But since you asked.
thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 11:47 PM   #3

Yeah, the ISO is one of those embarrassing mistakes I made when I was taking the photos. When I started 400 was good, but soon after starting some dark clouds rolled in. Sadly, I forgot to change the ISO. It never crossed my mind. Just an embarrassing mistake with the new toy.:angry:

I've been able to use it a lot since then and I've done a good job about making sure I don't make that same mistake again.
ds3509 is offline   Reply With Quote