Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Dec 12, 2005, 7:41 AM   #1

Shot this with RebelXT, 100 mm prime lens, ISO 800. 1/640, f5.0

Attached Images

GeorgeNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2005, 5:24 PM   #2

Yah, that's one of the reasons I don't watch hockey any more.

Interesting that Thornton would be fighting, he'd be better off to stay out of that stuff.

-- Terry
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 1:41 PM   #3

terry@softreq.com wrote:
Quote:
Yah, that's one of the reasons I don't watch hockey any more.

-- Terry
But you did notice that under the new hockey rules, the fights are to be conducted as gentlemen under Marquis of Queensbury rules.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 2:01 PM   #4

Awesome shot George.....and I have to admit, I think a bit of fisticuffs lends a certain quality to the game of hockey.

I'm curious, how did you get your dSLR into the stadium? Last hockey game I went to (Hartford Wolfpack vs Bridgeport Sound Tigers, AHL),a threatening no-neck goon made a big fuss about taking photos at the game (although I just waited until Knuckles left the area to start taking photos again). :lol:

Steve Walter

Asmera, Eritrea
Steve Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 2:39 PM   #5

Steve Walter wrote:
Quote:
I'm curious, how did you get your dSLR into the stadium? Last hockey game I went to (Hartford Wolfpack vs Bridgeport Sound Tigers, AHL),a threatening no-neck goon made a big fuss about taking photos at the game (although I just waited until Knuckles left the area to start taking photos again). :lol:

Steve Walter

Asmera, Eritrea
Had no trouble with the camera - a number of spectators were taking photos in Phillips Arena in Atlanta. Almost got a small pocket knife confiscated though - it was a gift from my dad several years before he died, and the security guard let me take it back to my car.

Great lighting for photos - I was on the fourth row of the third level. The 100 mm lens sure brought the action close up. Here's one of a goal- shot just before it hit the goalie's skate and bounced in:

Attached Images

Old Dec 13, 2005, 4:13 PM   #6

Yah, that 100mm lens is working out good for you.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 2:41 AM   #7

That's an excellent shot of Kozlov. He's a shifty player and it seemshe's trying to ricochet a goal off the goalies pads.

Here in Eritrea, we don't see hockey and your photos are the next best thing. Many thanks.

Steve
Steve Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 1:41 PM   #8

Steve Walter wrote:
Quote:
That's an excellent shot of Kozlov. He's a shifty player and it seemshe's trying to ricochet a goal off the goalies pads.

Here in Eritrea, we don't see hockey and your photos are the next best thing. Many thanks.

Steve
Stevve,thanks for the comment. Kozlov actually scored on that shot, it ricocheted off the goalie into the net. I used to live and work in your neighborhood, Yemen, in pre-internet days. Always anxious to get sports stories. Here's another shot from that match. The Blackhawks won in a shoot out:

Attached Images

Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:29 PM   #9

Those are awesome shots. Makes me feel good about getting that rebel. I'm a big Rangers fan though. But my pictures will be of my kids playing. But I will take it to the Ranger games. I'm shocked at how close the pictures look and how clear. I was telling my kid it looks like some NHL.COM pics. Nice job. Oh yeah, that Kovelchuk (?spelling) #17 he's one hell of a player. Thanks for the help and pics, I enjoyed em.

See ya,

Bill

"Let go Rangers".......................
picturethis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:32 PM   #10

I also miss the fights.Saw one the other night and I almost fell over. I have the hockey pkg and that was the first fight I saw this year. What the hell!

The lens works wonder though. Gotta get me one.
picturethis62 is offline   Reply With Quote