Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:18 PM   #1

Since we don't have an NBA team in Vancouver anymore, some friends and I headed down the I-5 for some shopping and to catch the Sonics-Heat game on Friday, January 13.* The Raptors game next Friday was our preference but the dates involved just didn't work.Regardless, we got to see at least one exciting team in a great basketball venue in a surprisingly friendly and polite city.* Don't let haters pursuade you otherwise, at least some parts of the US are inviting and friendly.* WA proved to be wonderful!Here are the shots YO~~~* I brought down my new Canon S2 IS digicam and was very nervous since I'm not at all familiar with sports photography.* I shot a lot of shots and many were garbage, some were good, and then these are some of my favs.* Certainly, framing is an issue but please let me know what you think about these as a first time exercise.* Be honest!* THANKS GUYS.I grabbed an Authentic Ray Allen alternate jersey at the Sonics store and my friend picked up the Shawn Kemp Mitchell & Ness at the same time.* Got lots of cool stuff and had a blast.* Live NBA is, as always, amazing and Seattle was fantastic!* It's nice to see the city going through a massive modernization and cleanup.* Great stuffs guys!
Sporty G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2006, 1:19 AM   #2

Nice shots

I recently made it to a Hornets game in Oklahoma City. They were playing the Heat.

NBA is great. I hope the Hornets or some team stays in Oklahoma.

RP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:38 PM   #3

It sure seems like Oklahoma City has proven itself an ideal home for the Hornets.
Sporty G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 12:35 AM   #4

Great pictures! This post definitely makes me want to toss my tiny point and shoot and go with one of the better cameras. If only the S2 would drop in price a little more in the next few months.
Concertsandsports is offline   Reply With Quote