Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:44 AM   #11

No flash or tripod and no, I dont always use AWB. It just depends on the setting.

I think they are fine given the conditions. Not everyone would agree but I think I got everything I could out of what I was using.

I could have increased the shutter speed to 1/640 but in the few shots I took at that speed, they were quite a bit darker. Shooting in these conditions is always a compromise.

The pictures could have been sharper had I been able to focus the shots a little better, for sure, but again, for the conditions these were shot in, I think they look pretty good. Yes, they could be nit picked to death and I always consider the feedback I get but I dont know how to get much better givenmy skill level, theequipment and conditions these were shot under.

Thanks

davidreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:04 AM   #12

Were you using manual focus? What was your metering set on? Were you on a ladder?
RICHANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:32 PM   #13

Auto focus, I am not even skilled enough to shoot fast action low light shots with manual focus

Multi segment metering and no, I was not on a ladder, these were shot from my seats in the stands
Old Feb 24, 2006, 1:27 AM   #14

My only thoughts, were that all of pictures seemed to be coming from over top o the players,think about different levels to get your shots!!! Good job though!:-)
HOKIEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 6:41 PM   #15

not really possible because they are shot from my seat, hence the effect, and they frown on people wandering around shooting.

The games are always sold out and we have season tickets, so I have what I have lol