Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Jul 19, 2006, 8:41 AM   #1

This was the 6th inning and we were down by 2 with2 out and one left on base. His discuragement shows as he tosses his bat. :sad:

Let me know what you think!

Tammie
Attached Images

Tamsfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:38 AM   #2

Hi, I think your instincts were right on but it would be great to get the look on the batter's face BEFORE the bat gets tossed aside. I would imagine it was either disbelief of getting called out on strikes or simply frustration. (perhaps an infield pop-up)

Keep those photos coming! :|

-Nick
SportShotsLive.com
SportShotsLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:14 AM   #3

Excellent picture, Shows the emotion of the exact moment. I see the subjects mouth all twisted in dis-belief. Just crop it and correct the color and You will have a great shot.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:14 AM   #4

Intersting that you say to crop it as I messed around with a crop and wasnt happy with any of it..... Okay so maybe I am picky.

how would you crop it??? Just trying to see your angle.

Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:03 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Hey Tammie,

Looks like you are having fun with your 30D!

Here is my suggested crop and I have corrected the colour on this (well what I think it should be) and applied some unsharp mask to make it a little crisper.

Are you still glad you made the chance from the KM5D? I am waiting to see what Sony do with the next camera they release.

Mark.
Attached Images

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:43 AM   #6

Mark,

Thanks for the edit....It looks GREAT and much better then when I tried to mess with it....:roll:

As for the change, I am very glad I made the change and I am obviously still learning but now that I have gotten used to it I Like it alot better! I seem to be able to get alot sharper shots with it. However part of that I am sure is the Sigma lens.

I have taken a few football shots and will try to get them posted soon. I am probably going to leap into a web site this year so that parents can just order from there.... I never really make much money but I also dont charge much...I do it more for fun but atleast it has been a start.

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:58 AM   #7
Super Moderator

That's cool, glad you like it. If you are happy with the equipment it will encourage you to try more and the results will get better and better.

As for your web site I use a programme called BreezeBrowser Pro to create my galleries. I have not done much with mine (I know you have seen it many times) but another local photographer (Pro) uses the same programme and his site is great!!!

Have a look at http://www.sportactionphotos.co.uk/to see what can be done.

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:08 PM   #8

If your looking fora web site to post your photos there is seversl like smugmug,Event Picuture, shutterfly ect. I have used Smugmug for over a year now and have no compliants
Jobeye is offline   Reply With Quote