Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Steve's Latest Reviews

Old Nov 17, 2010, 3:54 PM   #1
Default Flip Video MinoHD (8GB)

See Steve's hands on review here:

Flip Video MinoHD (8GB)

billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:26 AM   #2
Default Having fun with my Sept. Pic of Month Prize!

It arrived late in the day and I wasn't able to test it in good light, but it did admirably with two 100 watt table lamps and a small ceiling fan light. Lack of fine detail shows noise reduction at work because of the low light.

Here's my prize-winning subject and a short movie made with the included Flipshare software which added the text and fades automatically. I found it fascinating that the upload from the Flipshare produced movie was very fast, as compared with upload directly from saved individual camera files. The compression used to prepare for web display is excellent.

I screwed the handle from my Zoom H2 audio recorder into the tripod socket of the Flip to help me pan a little more smoothly and also reduce noise from handling. Its extreme light weight makes it hard to get smooth pans.

I'm going to put it on a tripod outside today when I test it outside. Kind of defeats the purpose of having such a tiny device.

Thank you once again for the very enjoyable and capable prize.

isabel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:35 AM   #3

Congrats on your win.

BTW, I was visiting a convenience store yesterday and noticed a stack of brochures for this camera on the counter. The brochures were from Avon (yep, the cosmetics company). That surprised me (that Avon reps are now selling these cameras). But, I don't keep up with Avon's product line. :-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote