Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Steve's Latest Reviews

Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:21 PM   #1
Default FujiFilm FinePix F770EXR

See Steve's hands on review here:

FujiFilm FinePix F770EXR

billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:51 PM   #2

Whilst nosing around my local electronic retailer (bargain hunting...) I stumbled across one of these and began playing with it.
Mindful of the "curious" EXR tech'- I manually selected 8mp in the menu as opposed to using the so-called native 16mp resolution- and bypassing the EXR technology.
Selecting 1/125th sec in "S" and using auto iso, I blasted shots at varying focal lengths, of varying subjects. The results were pretty impressive by compact standards- and the 8mp setting definitely yields better results than the 16mp setting- especially at higher iso settings- with iso 1600 being quite decent in 8mp mode.
Curiously the camera focused far better in the manual/semi auto modes as opposed to the EXR auto modes. The lens is a little brighter than most high zoom compacts and the image stabilizer seemed more than adequate. Overall performance was hard to assess as I was using the in built memory- clearing it every 3 or 4 shots lol....

My conclusion.... early impressions might be misleading- and once someone gets used to its foibles, this might be a thoroughly decent camera. Just leave it set at 8mp...!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote