Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:45 PM   #1

I need some help! An acquaintance needs a business head shot for for an article she is having published. I will be travelling to her home to take this photo as well as photos of her family. My camera is a Nikon D70s. I have a hodgepodge of hotlights, 2 umbrellas (one white with removable black/silver cover, one black with silver lining). I'm planning to buy a 42" 5-in-1 reflector set. I don't have an off camera flash.

Can anyone offer some advice on what I may need to take with me to her home? Any suggestion on posing for a head shot? I know it seems simple, it's a 'head' shot, but are there any tricks to angles and such?

Thanks in advance I have a little over a week to get things in order.

afayec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2007, 8:10 PM   #2

Hi Angela,

You could probably do well with one light placed just a little to the left or right just in back of your camera position. Not to high because you want to light the eyesIf you want the background black you can place your subject in a doorway leading into a darkened room. Remember, you only need the subjects head so a doorway works very well. If needed a white sheet could be used as a reflector. Take the shot vertical and you can crop it to suit what is needed.

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote