Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Jul 28, 2003, 4:44 AM   #1
Default Small studio light

I am looking for some small consistent studio light... it is for nude photography so i dont need to light up a whole studio.

do you know anything that can be suitable?

I am grateful for any info.
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2003, 12:07 AM   #2

You can get a fair amount done with a single light but two will give more flexibility and control. Still lots of folks do some nice work with a single light, a reflector and umbrella. I suggest you take a look at an Alien Bees B400 or B800. They are very flexible, have excellent performance, give terrific results if you use them right and are reasonably priced.

The B400s are fine for digicams and will be adeuate but you won't have enough power to use small apertures in some situations. I use the B400s for a Dimage 7 but when shooting film I use B1600s for mains and the B400s for background and hair. If you decide the B400s aren't enough you can have them upgraded to a more powerful model and there is a 60 day no quesitons asked return policy if they don't work out. I don't know of anyone who ever sent them back apart from getting a more powerful model.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote