Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Sep 7, 2007, 4:33 PM   #1

Hey everyone. Just wanted to post on something that many of you probably already knew, but i stumbled on recently.

I built a backdrop holder out of PVC recently. I thought it seemed like a good, cheap way to get a backdrop hung. While it is cheap, putting it up and takign it down is a bit more painful that I thougt it was going to be. I resorted to hanging my backdrops on the curtain already in the living room.

So I was reading posts about bouncing light off white walls to make huge light sources. I don't have a white wall, but I did have a white backdrop. I put my pvc backdrop holder together and set it up about 5 feed away from the subject. I covered it with a white backdrop. I snooted a flash and pointed it towards the white backdrop. Voila. Mega huge light source. I'm pretty happy with the results. if you click through and click on the "view all sizes" , you can actually see some of the PVC backdrop holder on the large version.

hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2007, 4:12 AM   #2

it seem no bad. :O