Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Oct 7, 2007, 8:27 PM   #1

I just bought a RPS Barebulb to use as a fill slave. I am using a Canon 20D with a Sigma 500 flash on the hot shoe. I want to shoot portraits. Anyone have any advice on seting this up. I plan on using reflectors for the slave to diffuse the flash
RP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:20 PM   #2

well first of all you have to deceide were you wantyourmainflash to hit your subject. then you need to position your fill (RPS Barebulb) and take a few test shots, then deceide if you need reflectors, or where you will want them. look at some of the photos on here of the folks who shoot portraits, and just study where the light hits the subject, e.i. right side, leftside, top, etc. then look to see the less in tense light, or fill light, and then try to reproduce what they have done. that way, you will get a better feeling of what you are looking for. now since i have been shooting some seniors and kids portraits, every photo i look at ,and even tv, i look for where the light is coming from, to see if i can use that angle. good luck, john
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote