Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:19 PM   #1

Default Neewer stobe lights

HELP..!!!
Hi not sure you have an answer but i'm going to ask anyway, I bought 3 of these Neewer 300DI lights, and I have a Canon 1100d t3 rebel camera, and I cannot get these lights to fire. I bought a canon hotshoe with a pc sync port, and set up my camera in manual mode, set the flash to sync at 1/200th in my camera..and nothing. So thinking the hot shoe was the probelm I ordered the Younguo RF-603c wirless flash trigger, got it all set up and NOTHING again. However when i pop-up the canon's on board flash and set the Neewer strobes to slave, they work.But i need this to work without my onboard flash...What do you think is the problem? btw: the Camers is brand new maybe 2 months old, and i've tried all 3 pc sync ports on all the strobes, thought maybe one may have had a bad pc sync port...i'm at a loss, any sugeestions? Thanks/Randy
P.S. flash options in camera all all greyed out, i think they only work with Canon Flashes, and I also disabled live view, which Canon says you have to in order to work with 3rd party flashes.
Thanks
Dana0069
dana0069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:07 PM   #2

Do you have a way to try out a Canon hotshoe flash unit with your camera? I can think of several things that might be wrong, but confirmation that your camera works with a compatible flash on the hotshoe would answer a lot of questions.
I'm not a Canon user, and someone with brand experience may have a quick answer.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote