Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Oct 30, 2015, 9:17 AM   #1
Default Photo/Video Led light Panel Leds? Are the leds in the panels the same?

Question is simple. Do photography/videography led light panels use the same led light bulbs
Do Aperture, Younguo, 1 x 1, Came TV... use the same light bulbs in their led light panels?
Prices vary between 100-300 and 1000-15000 USD for the same size light panels. I know they are different units, cooling, etc. but I am just wondering whether the BASICS of these units are the same: the individual light bulbs...Are the light bulbs the same?
miami photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:45 PM   #2

Probably not - there are different manufacturers with variable quality levels. The panel construction is the variable I would consider most important, though. Quality of solder connections, shock (physical shock) and moisture resistance will play a bigger role in longevity. Cooling of any electronic components is also a major factor in survival.
Personally, I would go with a lower cost panel, but that is mostly because I'm not only cheap, but have the ability to repair them if they break, and I don't have to rush to get things done. For a commercial photographer, I would definitely recommend spending as much as you can afford.
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote