Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Mar 20, 2005, 9:12 PM   #1

I recently bought an Interfit 300i Flash Kit to use with my Canon Digital Rebel 300D. I am new to the studio lights and no instructions came with the lights, so I am totally lost. When I bought the kit, the salesman sold me a Wein Safesynch HSHSB as well.

I thought all of this would be easy to set up, but I can't get my camera to make the light flash.. I hope I am putting the Hot Shoe on correctly, and connecting the interfit flash correctly to the hotshoe....is it that hard to mess up? Could someone give me some kind of direction???

Thanks a lot,
allaboutsmiln is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2005, 5:55 AM   #2

Assuming the safe sync as only the center pin and edge connections, check the polarity of your studio flash. Without the safesync connected to your camera plug flash PC lead into the safesync then using a meter check the voltage across the center pin and edge connector with live on the center, you should get a positive reading. If you get a negative reading then the studio flash isusing negative polarity and you'll need an inverter. Also make sure that when mounting the safesync on your camera that the contacts are touching, you may be mounting it the wrong way round. Hope this helps.
mf_blues is offline   Reply With Quote