Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Mar 3, 2006, 4:41 AM   #1

I am attempting to take photos of an insulating glass unit (two pieces of glass with air in between) with our logo as immediate background. Using the FujiFilm S5000 on a tripod attached horizontally to a stepladder. The obvious . . . the flash will not work since it shows in the photo. I have the setup near windows for natural light and I have 1450 watts of additional lighting. It is not working since I get shadows or reflections. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
BrierS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:11 PM   #2

Hard to visualize exactly what you are working with, but if your 1450 watts of additional lighting is moveable, try shining them on the logo in the back so that the main light is coming at the camera from the backside. That may help minimize reflections. To get better control over the direction that your light is coming from, you may have to cover the window(s) with a blanket.

Another thing that might be useful is to try a polarizing filter. They are very helpful in removing glare and reflections. If your camera won't accept filters, you can just hold one of appropriate size up to the front lens element and turn it while looking through the viewfinder. You should be able to get away with that since the shooting conditions are strictly controlled.

granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote