Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Apr 18, 2006, 5:03 PM   #1

now that I have your attention, I have an umbrella (for photography of course) that is gold on one side, white on the other. I would like to reverse the lining, so the white is on the inside, but I do not know how to take this umbrella apart....I haven't really looked at it, but it looks like I have to stretch the material over the rods ....any advice?
dashboardgyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2006, 8:02 PM   #2

Many companies make convertible umbrellas (which means you can remove the outer cover & shoot thru the white translucent umbrella material, much like a softbox). I've never heard of a silver umbrella being "convertible", much less, anyone doing this. I would recommend buying a white umbrella, instead of destroying the silver one you already have.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 4:26 PM   #3

Yep, Kalypso is right,

If Yor have the Eclips it is just a silver only unit. You will need to invest in the white one that the black outside can be removed by stretching the black cover carfully off of the ribs. Then you can shoot through the white innerds.

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote