Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Dec 25, 2006, 8:48 PM   #1

Can someonegive some insight as to why the instruction manual pictures, do not match what is on the camera screen, received this as a christmas present and am very frustrated with it already!!
geri1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2007, 1:55 AM   #2

My boss bought one of these at a trade show, and put it in my mail to get working.

I will give you whatI found.

The instruction manual was written without the camera being used.

Not everything required to usethe camerais on the disk.

Preparing your system:

Install the camera drivers, install the ulead photo explorer included. Select the auto carddetect feature. You will also need toD/LXviD codecs and install as well.

Now for using the beast:

Turn it on.

To take pics, press the right hand side of thesquare ring around the menu button.

To take video, press theleft hand side of the same ring. Once to record, again to stop recording.

Zoom is up, wide is downon same ring.

Working with the pictures:

Plug the usb into the computer. with auto detect, it will ask what drive it ison, and where you would like the files loaded to onyour computer.When selected, it will move it across, and Bob's your uncle, the files are playable. It tries to load the files deep in the applications folder, so be sure to select a location you like.

I'd like to say I will have more than that, but I have given the camera back to him so will not be playing with it any time soon. Hope this helps!

Have fun.
bebblebrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:52 PM   #3

Hmm, I have one also and have found the manual to be accurate, but a little short on details.

You might get more responses in the Digital Point&Shoot forum, under Hybrid Cameras. In a few days, I will be posting a review of the 5120A.

My main complaint with it is the extremely insensitive microphone ruining a camera that otherwise is amazingly versatile and incredibly cheap for what it does.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote