Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Jul 17, 2008, 1:08 PM   #1

Have a Kodak DX6490 camera and can't get moving pics. Like I want like going to the drag races and trying to get pics. Of the cars racing or doing there burn outs and then when it gets dark I may as well just turn it off and put it away for then it's a waste of time I'm thanking there should be a way to do it and not have to use a tripod or the flash and I with them moving I know I have to use a fast shutter speed but I thank I have tried every thing and can't seam to get nothing to work I have an (OLD) OM10 and years ago could get it to work real good using 400 speed film and then go to a fast shutter set the aperture and no flash and take pics. Day or night it worked great this thing I try to set it the same way forget it it won't work lol any ideals?
ronss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2008, 9:02 AM   #2

I would strongly suggest if this is your primary interest for using your camera that you look t D-SLR cameras. They would be suited for race car and drag racing pictures. I am not sure that with the camera you mentioned that you would get good pictures at any setting and fromt he info you provided it looks like you tried various settings.

I would post a note in the sports section and e-mail John G who has some of the best advice on sports type shooting of anyone on this site. He might be able to offer you some advice to help you out.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote