Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:10 PM   #1
Default pregant bride

i will be shooting a wedding next month . the bride will be 7 months pregnant ,any tips on how to hide the belly (brides request)
camerageak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2009, 8:25 PM   #2

Only advice I can offer is to keep your shots tight, and above the waist. Group poses are going to be a bit tough, as you can't really hide the bride behind guests and family. Try using architectural and environmental elements (hedges, trees, tables, etc.) Poses with bridesmaids might work with the bridesmaids in a broken circle and legs extended to raise their dresses to cover. Hope you get some ideas from this. Good Luck!
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:09 AM   #3

Large flower bouquet might work.
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2009, 4:39 AM   #4

try shooting frontal view instead of side view of her where you can see the pregnant profile. The shading on the dress itself will also defines the belly shape. Try to dodge and burn the shading on the dress. Also the liquify tool helps.
Wedding Photographer Melbourne Teddy Tan
TeddyTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:27 PM   #5
Default Photographing the Pregnant Bride

How about with her back to you, looking over her left shoulder at you with her flowers in her left hand?

At the reception, shoot plenty of shots of her at the dining table.

gsrunyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 6:45 PM   #6

Besides hiding, you can use PhotoShop's "Liquify" filter, and specifically the "Pucker" tool to shrink the image parts that are too large.

BTW, the "Bloat" tool can be used to enlarge things. And those are real PhotoShop tools — not a joke — and very useful when "beauty" modifications must be made to too big a nose, too small a chin, too slender lips, etc.

The tools have to be used carefully and with some skill, but the results can be outstanding.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:10 PM   #7

Oppps some of us get hitched for reasons other than a true love... Try at the Table cutting the cake with the cake in front and the groom behind her just slightly to the side that is dont do no side veiws and of course offer her a chance at the best thing to comes a prfile shot just for the baby ablum.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:39 PM   #8

it turned out well .the bride was showing but she is a small person and she didn't show a whole lot . at 7 months there is a baby belly .i used her flowers,the cake ,the groom and had her turned in a way to not show for the shots i had control over but some are going to show you just can't help it but they were very pleased with the shots. so as i tell most everybody that asks me about taking pictures ,you can only work with what you got, you just do the best you can.
camerageak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:40 AM   #9

Ah, in 10 years she will be able to show the kid a pic of him/her self at the wedding.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote