Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Oct 30, 2004, 11:15 PM   #1

hello, all....., could anyone tell me how to send pictures from a computer to a digital camera dsc w1. what i actually mean is, all pics taken from sony dsc w1 is in jpeg format, and we can easily download from camera to computer, likewise can we do it the opposite way. like sending jpeg pictures from computer to dsc w1. can anybody help me.....i have already tried, but can see picture from camera......thanks.....
manna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2004, 1:18 AM   #2

I assume you meant your last sentence to say, "i have already tried, but CAN'T see picture from camera."

For the camera to know what to do with the pictures they have to be EXIF encoded. Exif info is embedded in the JPEG picture that tells you what settings were used to take a picture (there are many Exif viewers out there and many image viewers and recent photo editors are Exif aware). Another thing that's in the Exif is a thumbnail (this is what is shown on your camera's screen when viewing an image).

If you're trying to upload images that aren't Exif encoded, they won't be "seen" by the camera since the camera doesn't know what to do with them (although the images will still be on the card and can be transferred from computer to computer using the card).

There is an Exif editor, Exifer, downloadable from http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/ but personally I never used it to add Exif info to a picture...only to change it.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:11 PM   #3

hello, mikefellh...
thanks for your help and advice. i will try the way you have told, and let you know about the result.....

thanks once again
manna is offline   Reply With Quote