Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Aug 8, 2005, 1:51 PM   #11

:idea:Just be brave guys... I had the same annoying problem with the filter mount of my F707, but just unscrewed it all and screwed it back on!

Probably best to leave the battery out a while before you start to ensure all charge has gone, then you need to remove the screws from the cold shoe, and those holding the pieceunderneath it... then the four screws in the 'right' side piece of the lens (the side with the usb port on); two up near the body, one central one up by the focus ring, and one underneathon the tripod mount.
Then the side should come off, and I removed the ribbon cable (linking to the usb) temporarily to be sure not to break it.

There is only one screw to remove on the very top of the lensbetween the focus ring and the flash housing, after which the end should come off. (it 'clips' on a couple of points near the zoom switch) Don't panic, none of these screws removed effect the actual lenses themselves, in factI tested my camera worked before I started putting it all back together again!
Remove the other ribbon cable if need be and screw the filter ring back onto the focus ring section.

Then you basically reverse the procedure to put it all back. The fiddly bit was getting the end section to clip back on properly, but otherwise very easy really.

Good luck!
cletheroe is offline   Reply With Quote