Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:24 PM   #1

In my continuous mode i can use a multi shot 16 mode where it takes 16

consecutive pictures. When I preview them on my PC, it only comes out as

one photo. What is the point of this if you can't separate each shot to stand

alone? Am I missing something here? How do you get to keep the one pix that was worth the shot? thanks for any input.
photo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:36 PM   #2

If you don't like that mode don't use it. I have a camera with a mode like that and have never bothered to even try it as I have no use for that format. It is for things like evaluating a golf swing and takes multiple small photos very fast. On my camera it is a compensation I think for the camera not having a decent burst mode for larger shots.

But you can edit out individual movie shots in the camera and achieve the same thing with individual pictures if you have a use for little shots of something in rapid succession. If you happen to have a Casio or other camera that lets you scroll through the movies and save individual frames it might be a better option for you. Look in your manual.

To keep the one shot just open the full image in Irfanview and crop out the one you want. Then save the cropped shot with a different file name so you don't overwrite the original. You can use any editor you want, but Irfanview is free and does a decent job.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote