Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:19 PM   #1

I want to know what may be best and fastet way to take ID/Passport photos of huge volume. (Say for a school with 1000/1200 students).

I cant take individual picture of each and every one as the volume is really large. I was thinking of two options

1, Use a webcamera to shoot and enhance the picture with photoshop.

2, Use a camcorder to shoot the picture and conver this into jpegs

Please advice if there is any better way for these type of problem. Also please suggest me which may be good software for similar stuff.

Thanks a Lot...

vijayanandraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:29 PM   #2

I am a little bit confused. How would these (Options 1,2) solve your problem? You would still need to take pictures of each student.
Why not just take a picture of each student? Do it right the first time, and you won't need Photoshop.

1,000 images really isn't as bad as it sounds, I take more than that at football games.

bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:57 PM   #3

Thanks for you reply.

One good thing about using webcamera is we can download as soon we have the picture and we can also control the exposure from the PC. Another good thing about using pc is we can associate the name of the student with photo.

In case of digital camere there is no way to associate a photo to particular student (except mapping the possible photoname with the student).Digital camerastores pictures in camerain a sequence. This sequencecan be associated with a student list.But some times this isconfusing.

Incase of PCI can store each picture as Students name or Roll Number.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Again Thanks for your reply.

vijayanandraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 8:04 PM   #4

Brad has it: shoot it right in the first place so no adjustments are needed. Lots of messing about if you use a webcam or camcorder.

Many of the high end cameras are able to send the picture to a computervia cable.(Some lower priced cameras can also do that, but I have no idea whcih ones or how well they do it.) Add some sort of rig to record the signaturewith a reasonable database to stuff it all in and you are done but for the printing.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:32 PM   #5

The Canon S2 has remote capture : Ie:through a computer..

A webcam.. you're going to get poor quality.. a camcorder you're going to have to divide them all online. use a few memory cards.. u can even use voice memos per photo.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 9:41 AM   #6

you can take group shots and crop the id pics from there.
asr dude is offline   Reply With Quote