Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:20 PM   #11

Frank Doorhof wrote:
Changing colors in PS hardly ever look 100% convincing.

You can better go to the market and buy funky colors, it's very cheap most of the times.

Hmm.. Where does one go to get seamless paper? Market??
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 1:53 PM   #12

I can't speak for Frank but I use a small clamp on the end of the roll to keep it from unspooling. I use the quick release clamps that you can get at any hardware store.

24Peter wrote:
Frank - how do you keep the rolls of paper tight? Mine will actually start unrolling by themselves once the weight of the paper below hits a certain point. It's actually a real pain in the *&^. Then when I go to roll them back up when I'm done I can never get a nice even tight roll. It's like a scene from a movie - me wrestling with my rolls of seamless paper! :evil:
mlydy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 2:35 PM   #13

You can get seemless paper at most larger photography stores.I know BH Photo Calumet Photo haveit, but the shiping to my APO address cost twice as much as the paper. I don't think it was so expensive to ship to the US though.

Dave Porter
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 4:35 PM   #14

Crikey me, I only wanted a quick answer, not been on STEVES for a bit, I have been feeling really down in the dumps for some reason, cannot get motivated about anything really, but thanks for the ideas folks.

I want enter a comp' in the UK, the subject is 'Portraits', here is my idea, what do you think?

My mate is married to a black girl, I think from the darkest skinned place in Africa, forgot where though, here skin is as black as black can be and very petite. My other friend is Irish and her skin is as white as white can be, both are very good looking.

My idea is to erect two canvases, one half will be black, the other white. both women will have their heads touching back to back, or their lips just touching each others, where the heads or lips meet it will be divided by the back ground, straight down the centre, black girl wearing pure white lipstick and eye liner and the white girl wearing jet black lipstick and black eyeliner. The black girl has jet black short cropped hair, the white girl has pure white hair, I hope that you can imagine what I am doing. What do you think to this idea

Rob (UK)
Rob Beard is offline   Reply With Quote