Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old May 29, 2006, 8:05 PM   #1

Hey everyone,

So I do event designing for local parties and events held here in the SF bay area. And each year a local Indian community comes up to us and asks us to set up a backdrop, a front entrance and a photo drop. They would like us also to take pictures.

So heres what happens, people/families would line up and take pictures and in the rear is our backdrop. Normally, they really don't care for the preference of quality in the picture as long as it was a high mega pixel camera. Fortunately for me, SLR is the way to go! And I think it would be a better investment for our company. So this year I got the Rebel XT and a great tungsten light kit from b&h which is here: Impact Tungsten 3 Flood Light Kit - consists of: 3 Floodlights, Umbrellas, Light Stands -http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

Now as for the hall, it's a huge hall with florescent lighting:

And all they give us is a small area which we put our photo backdrop, here is one we did last year. Sorry photo quality is bad; I had to get this from a video:

Now down to the whole reason of the post. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to position the lighting and camera settings? Should I close off the backdrop on the left and right side in order for the lighting to be in full effected? I'm pretty brand new to the lighting field, although I'm not stopping my research
I know for a fact that ill be using ISO 100 because we have plenty of light and white balance should be set to AWB. The normal Indian clothing they usually wear is bright reds, yellows pinks etc. :?

Zeeshan0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links