Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Apr 29, 2003, 12:48 PM   #1
Default Shooting dark places, like parties at night

I'd like to know how take pic of dark places, like parties at night.... I have a Canon A200 with Flash in that is not good enoght to do it, and I think I can't have a good flash and any lenses. :shock:

Other problem, pict with a big light exposure are not good, because the people in the party are moving.... :shock:

What I do? Kill myself? Only the cam? Forget these dark places? Build a new sun to never see more the night?
Bruno Fontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2003, 3:16 PM   #2

Crank up your shutter speed (it doesn't affect flash exposure) get closer. Try an external flash, get the cam on manual, open up the iris but watch the highlight burn, try ceiling bounce, manual focus as well if you can.

If internal is your only option, try blocking the cams auto flash light sensor if it's visible - but don't blame me if your pics are to 'hot' lit from a 1000 suns, or your batts run down faster or flash takes longer to recycle!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2003, 8:38 PM   #3

Try setting ISO to 200 or 400, for faster moving shots, then set shutter speeds faster, with apeture set to most open position.

If camera does not have manual controls, set ISO to 200 or 400, then -EV to reducr blurring.

mazor is offline   Reply With Quote