Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Dec 28, 2003, 7:24 PM   #1
Default M700 Zoom & Focus

Hi there

Just stumbled apon this site tonight. I bought the M700 this wknd. Love it so far with a couple of exceptions - most of which have been expressed here.

The one thing I would like to know if others experience is a focus problem when using extreme zoom (10X or close to it - no digital zoom). I cannot seem to get a focussed shot at high levels of zoom. So far though, my only experience was using it indoors. I can take shots of varying zooms in the same room, same lighting conditions, and it's great. But zoom close or all the way to the max and I have yet to get anything resembling focussed images. I can't tell if it's a problem with my camera, if I am not holding it perfectly still enough to capture smoothly or something else.

Thanks in advance if anyone offers any ideas.
Golf Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2004, 3:20 PM   #2
Default M700 Zoom and Focus

By what I have experience, specially on extreme Zoom, the problem was not the Focus but the motion of the person holding the camera.

Try to use a tripod or a monopod or if you dont have one, put the camera on a table or something steady, and shoot a picture at full Zoom using the delay shot (2 or 10 sec).

Normaly being steady would resolve the problem.

An other thing, I have tried is to take the picture with the 2 sec. delay, holding my breath and putting my elbows on my chest to be steady.

Try it you could be suprised.
Lamouma is offline   Reply With Quote