Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Sep 13, 2002, 4:02 AM   #1
Default PDR-M4 broken selector switch

The selector switch on our PDR-M4 has broken. This was a topic in the past, however it is no longer available. Has anyone found a source for selector switches? Any repair information would be appreciated.

Thanks --- David Salo
csalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2002, 1:47 AM   #2
Default PDR-M4 mode dial replacement

The M4's mode dial gradually works loose and falls off, regardless of how carefully you use the unit. Once it separates, you need to buy the replacement part and take the camera apart to fix it - it's not something that just snaps back on.

If you go to Toshiba's website, you can find their digital camera service providers. Eight months ago, I bought a kit from E.R.C. (in California) which included not only the part but also instructions and a tiny screwdriver. About $40 or 50, including shipping.

If you already know how to make the repair, Richards (in Texas) sells the bare part, for a little less.

Warning - both times I've dealt with E.R.C., they lost the order and had to be reminded. Not dishonest, just spacey.
Grebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2002, 8:06 AM   #3
Default Mode Dial

My mode dial on the PDR M4 fell off, just as another member said it would eventually. This has also shown up as a problem on epinions.
billroddy is offline   Reply With Quote