Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Old Jan 23, 2010, 6:14 PM   #1

Default CycleWorld NYC Show 2010

This was a most disappointing show I have been to. To many people and not nothing new that I really can not see in the show rooms without being crowed. There were only couple of interesting things. I way prefer the Intermot show in Koln.

Besides the crowd, the lighting was just aweful. I ran out of patients doing a Custom WB for every single shot, that I just went to auto, or chose flash with the build in flash.

Well here are some of the only interesting things I saw.

Ducati was the only one that came to the show with any seriousness to wow the crowd. Here is the new Multistrada and Street Fighter. The first photo was the most interesting thing at the show in my opinion
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:13 PM   #2

Too bad the motorcycle show didn't meet expectations...it travels to Minneapolis in Feb 2010 I think. I was considering making the trip, but I dunno, now.

I've never owned a Ducati, but I've followed the brand closely over the years. from the Ducati 250cc Diana in the late '60's, the desmo engines, the first V twin, the Mike Hailwood replica (buddy had one), to the various iterations ot the Monster...they make fabulous bikes and really do carry on the tradition of high performance Italian machinery...quite well.

All this Ducati stuff reminded me of a Ducati from the '60's that never got by the prototype level.

I mean't to ask Big Dawg if they happen to have a '60's Ducati prototype at the Barber museum...the Apollo. If I recall it was a big V 4, shaft drive around 1250cc + and was designed by Ducati for the US police and touring market...never made past a few prototypes...haven't heard anything about them for years. Berliner the US importer was involved a bit...back then.

Think one was bought by a Japanese collector, but there is at least...or was one or more other examples.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:23 PM   #3

Lesore49,

Triumph did not show, neither did piaggio so no guizzi or aprilia. Also the Korean bikes were not there, no biggy. But the show was better 10 years ago. Bunch of choppers, but they to not interest me, I am more concern about function then form. In my opinion, it is not worth the 17 dollars for the show.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Lesore49,

Triumph did not show, neither did piaggio so no guizzi or aprilia. Also the Korean bikes were not there, no biggy. But the show was better 10 years ago. Bunch of choppers, but they to not interest me, I am more concern about function then form. In my opinion, it is not worth the 17 dollars for the show.
Thanks for the info.....think I'll pass on the Minneapolis show...1000 miles winter travel to and fro, cross the border...not worth the effort, if the show isn't good.

I'm not a fan of choppers either...
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote