Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:00 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Hejsan Torgny! Great photo! I really loves ships! Just had the pleasure in December of going to Vasa ship museum in Stockholm... Anyway, your photo is splendid.

All the best.

P.S. Be very careful of any Finns in your vacinity... Since Sweden beat them in ice hockey... well, this is not going down very well here in Finland... I know Swedish is the second national language of Finland... I am afraid to say a word since Sweden's win... I am afraid if I speak Swedish, I will be pelted with trash and stones.

Ned
Ned,

A bit funny: Wasa never made it out of the harbour. Flawed construction. Whereas the original East Indiaman Götheborg made it all the way to China and almost, almost, almost all the way back. She sank near the mouth of Gotha River on her way back

I'll check that out, the exact position, I mean

Torgny

Last edited by Torgny; Mar 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:12 PM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
Nice photo-op you took advantage of. Quite an itinerary and quite a welcoming committee. I wonder if they had to repel boarders off the Horn of Africa on their way to the Suez Canal in leg 9?

penolta,

Yes, it was quite an event and great weather. All the people that could stand on their feet and walk were down to see her arriving

Unfortunately I don't know. First I did a search for East Indiaman Götheborg +Cape Horn. No hits. Now I see you write about Africa's horn. That's another matter.

No, I suppose the size of the big cannons would have been freightening enough

I'll check that too

Torgny
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:23 AM   #13

Boy you got some spectacular picks here! Congrats.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote