Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:14 AM   #1

Default Small trains

I'm putting these here for a change of pace (and because I don't know where else to put them - they are not closeups). I took my new Fuji HS10 to the annual indoor Spring Garden Show for my first shoot with the camera. There were some non garden exhibits (but decorated with flowering plants) - this was one of them: (all OOC with only downsizing - better not to turn the camera vertically with the on board flash because the shadows are no longer hidden). Enjoy.

1. 114mm equivalent
Name:  DSCF0014s.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  180.1 KB

2. 131mm equivalent
Name:  DSCF0015s.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  183.8 KB

3. 206mm equivalent
Name:  DSCF0016s.jpg
Views: 2426
Size:  162.0 KB
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:52 AM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Very cute, Penolta! In addition to my HO scale layout, I have a LGB train that runs around the christmas tree. I have a sound car that simulates the chug-chug of the steam locomotive as well! The new camera looks like it is doing great! What made you select the HS10? I'm looking for a good P&S and am trying to understand what's out in the market these days.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
The new camera looks like it is doing great! What made you select the HS10? I'm looking for a good P&S and am trying to understand what's out in the market these days.
I don't think I have ever seen so much anticipatory excitement about a camera than this one has generated in Steve's Fujifilm P&S forum, as well as other off site forums like DPR and others. The entire production sold out world wide before all the preorders could be filled! If it lives up to all the hype about its "revolutionary new features" it will set a new bar for bridge cameras which now blur the line between the dslr and p&s categories. With its small sensor it will never displace the DSLR, but it can make an acceptable back up or second camera, especially when it can do everything your dslr and a bagful of lenses can (and more) with its 30X superzoom, IS/SR performance that allows hand holding at 720mm equivalent, high speed motion tracking and burst rate, high ISO performance to 6400 (surprisingly clean at 1600), and motion pictures at speeds of 1,000 frames per second), while being compact and relatively light (much more substantial feeling than the otherwise good Panasonic FZ superzooms). I haven't had a chance to do much with it yet, but so far, I like what I see. Check out the very active Fujifilm forum for lots of good information and great shots by gtoth and others. Here are some more of my first shots with this camera:

Some HS10 flowers

HS10 flash vs high ISO
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote