Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Old Jun 29, 2010, 4:46 AM   #1

Default My new bike

My new bike taken with my new Pentax k-x

guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:11 PM   #2

Tell me....that you didn't take the picture at 230 kph + , well into the rpm redline zone ...with one hand on the handlebar grip and the other hand holding your new KX ?

I can't figure out if the green N means neutral (although I'm 99 % sure it does) and how you would activate the speedometer, while the gearbox is in Neutral...also running the motor at the engine's redline....danger area for the engine...too many rpms.

Makes an engine go ...then !...as we both know.

Seeing the relatively calm background...hand and trees, buildings, etc....reflected in the gauge glass.....I would say you employed some...as they used to call it...'trick' photography while the bike was stationary.

What's the secret to your photo...how did you get those gauge readings...flat out for both..on a stationary motorcycle ?

Even the needles in the gauges are vibrating...just like they would on my two motorcycles' Smiths and Nippon Denso gauges, while the bikes are moving under their motive power.

Cut and paste ?

BTW...well done bit of artwork.

BTW, it's a nice looking BMW 800 twin.

Last edited by lesmore49; Jun 29, 2010 at 2:24 PM.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:59 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Tell me....that you didn't take the picture at 230 kph + , well into the rpm redline zone ...with one hand on the handlebar grip and the other hand holding your new KX ?

I can't figure out if the green N means neutral (although I'm 99 % sure it does) and how you would activate the speedometer, while the gearbox is in Neutral...also running the motor at the engine's redline....danger area for the engine...too many rpms.

Seeing the relatively calm background...hand and trees, buildings, etc....reflected in the gauge glass.....I would say you employed some...as they used to call it...'trick' photography while the bike was stationary.

What's the secret to your photo...how did you get those gauge readings...flat out for both..on a stationary motorcycle ?

Even the needles in the gauges are vibrating...just like they would on my two motorcycles' Smiths and Nippon Denso gauges, while the bikes are moving under their motive power.

Cut and paste ?

Not to mention the bigger N on the digital display too

It looks like it is in the startup phase where the gauges go to their max for a split second, so a well timed photo appears to have been taken.

Sweet looking ride!!

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 1:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post

Cut and paste ?

Hey , when you switch the ignition on it puts all the lights on together and the speedometer goes all the way to maximum , you've got to be mighty quick to make the picture , this happens for less then a sec
Old Jun 30, 2010, 1:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Not to mention the bigger N on the digital display too

It looks like it is in the startup phase where the gauges go to their max for a split second, so a well timed photo appears to have been taken.

Sweet looking ride!!
What can i say , can't hide anything from a 'super moderator'
Old Jun 30, 2010, 1:32 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermovilas View Post
What can i say , can't hide anything from a 'super moderator'
They don't call me super for nothing LOL. I'm still waiting for for the cape and mask that goes with anyone who has Super in their name.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:10 AM   #7

Congrats to Mark.

My two motorcycles are old...one is a '67 Matchless 750cc Scrambler, Desert Sled.....the other a '78 Yamaha SR 500 (Big Single) and for both, the gauges (tacho/speedo) are mechanical...also both of them are kick start only...

When I kick the engines over...the speedo doesn't move...the tach needles just indicate the actual engine rpm.

So no turn the key and have all the instruments go to max .

I feel suddenly very old ....all this modern technology has sadly...passed me by.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:13 PM   #8

BMW bike cycle through the gauges when you start them up. You get the needles maxing out.

I like that little bike. I took one on a track day. It handles nicely with conventional forks, instead of the telelever or duolever that bmw is know for. Congrats. I also like the bmw race colors that troy corsa sports on his S1000RR in wsbk, it works nicely on th f800s.

Like the aftermarket exhaust. I see you got the ABS option, very nice. That stops the bike super fast.

Last edited by shoturtle; Jun 30, 2010 at 7:17 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:34 PM   #9

hot hot hot
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:39 PM   #10

what effects did you use on your photos, in camera or photoshop or something else?