Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:25 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default First try at planespotting!

Did my first try at taking shots at the airport today.

1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


6.


7.


8.


9.


10.
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

very nice job for your first time.

Think if you got the last one on the side Maggo would really like that one of the niki air. You had a really nice day for the plane spotting.
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:35 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
very nice job for your first time.

Think if you got the last one on the side Maggo would really like that one of the niki air. You had a really nice day for the plane spotting.
Thanks shoturtle!
Glad you liked them. I didnīt get the last one from the side unfortenately. Only from behind. I will try the next time Iīm there. I live far away from the airport, so I donīt know when that will be though

DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:41 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

They look very crisp, I presume it was not a very hot day. The last time I was at a airport it was quite warm, and had to deal with thermal layers, and haze.

Was number 5 all zoom, or some cropping? I really like the angle and the details.
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:59 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Wingman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Posts: 4,315
Default

DSP..these look fantastic..well composed,crisp and clear. What airport were these at and what gear are you using? I like them all...#10 is especially nice..good angle and love the reflectons on the underside of the fuselage! Also where were you located...i.e. distance from the aircraft. I am always looking for better vantage points!

I'd say you did a fine job at your first attempt!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:39 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
They look very crisp, I presume it was not a very hot day. The last time I was at a airport it was quite warm, and had to deal with thermal layers, and haze.

Was number 5 all zoom, or some cropping? I really like the angle and the details.
It was extremely hot actually. Number 5 is ā little cropped.
Best regards. Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:43 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
DSP..these look fantastic..well composed,crisp and clear. What airport were these at and what gear are you using? I like them all...#10 is especially nice..good angle and love the reflectons on the underside of the fuselage! Also where were you located...i.e. distance from the aircraft. I am always looking for better vantage points!

I'd say you did a fine job at your first attempt!
Thanks very much. Glad to hear you like then too. I was using a Nikon D5000 and a Nikon 70-300VR. I, not sure about the distance. The airport is Arlanda. Swedens biggest airport north of Stockholm.
Best regards. Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:04 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

Does it get to 41 up there?

It worked nicely with the crop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSProtection View Post
It was extremely hot actually. Number 5 is ā little cropped.
Best regards. Daniel
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:07 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
pbjunkiee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pensacola Fl
Posts: 914
Default

ahhh no exif data
__________________
SportsShooter
www.85zero.com
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:19 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Ordo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BsAs
Posts: 3,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
ahhh no exif data
Yeah! We want to know everything about these amazing picks!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.