Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 26, 2010, 5:42 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
FredS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary Alberta
Posts: 1,007
Default Some pictiures form the High River AB Car Show

Here are a few pictures
A late Summer for Southern Alberta
About 1400 cars showed up

The nicest 1972 Light blue 1972 Plymouth Road Runner GTX
A 1968 ( I think ) Shelby
Yanko Camaro
Bullet Mustang replica
A Rod
Attached Images
     

Last edited by FredS; Sep 26, 2010 at 5:49 PM.
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:08 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Walter C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 7,739
Default

Nice, colorful and sharp. Thanks for sharing. I think the Shelby is a '67. I once owned a new '67 fastback (but not the Shelby). I still think it was the most attractive design of all the Mustangs...the fastback, that is.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter C View Post
Nice, colorful and sharp. Thanks for sharing. I think the Shelby is a '67. I once owned a new '67 fastback (but not the Shelby). I still think it was the most attractive design of all the Mustangs...the fastback, that is.
Right you are Walter. I tell the diff between the 67's and '68's by whether they have side marker lights.

Starting with all 1968 cars...side marker lights were mandatory (federally USA and Canada).

This Shelby in the pix is a 67...no side marker lights.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:09 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
frank-in-toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 1,083
Default

Very nice. 1400 cars is huge! Lots to choose from. Any chance you captured some images of custom vehicles?
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:51 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
FredS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary Alberta
Posts: 1,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-in-toronto View Post
Very nice. 1400 cars is huge! Lots to choose from. Any chance you captured some images of custom vehicles?
There were quite a few customs . Sorry , My main interest is
North American Muscle

I could not get the Yanko owner to trade straight accross for
my Road Runner ..

Here are a few more pictures
Attached Images
    

Last edited by FredS; Sep 27, 2010 at 8:53 PM.
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 447
Default

Nice shots Fred. That 426 is the Real Deal!
emptyquiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:27 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
frank-in-toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 1,083
Default

I have suggested this before but a re-mention won't hurt. The guy who runs cobracountry.com has written a cheat sheet for auto pictures. He talks about using flash about 1000% too much but leaving that aside, he's very informative. There is a little booklet available with more detail elsewhere on the site. If anyone has other tips, I'd be very interested in a link.
http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips...-condensed.pdf
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:00 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
FredS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary Alberta
Posts: 1,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyquiver View Post
Nice shots Fred. That 426 is the Real Deal!
Thanks emptyquiver
Yes . Nothing like a REAL HEMI.
It is in a 1970 Challenger convertable

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-in toronto
have suggested this before but a re-mention won't hurt. The guy who runs cobracountry.com has written a cheat sheet for auto pictures. He talks about using flash about 1000% too much but leaving that aside, he's very informative. There is a little booklet available with more detail elsewhere on the site. If anyone has other tips, I'd be very interested in a link.
!
Thankyou for the cobracounty link
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:12 PM.