Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:43 PM   #1

Default my eagle talon

straight from the camera shot with off camera flash on the right side of car the camera settings were aperture f8 shutter speed 1/125th sec iso 100 was going for that strobest look i guess any input on how to make the backround darker and the car just lit by adjusting camera settings
Attached Images

zombz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:43 PM   #2

lost some detailed when resized
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:00 PM   #3

not my pic found on google but i wanna know how to do effects like this

[COPYRIGHTED IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

Please do not embed photos in forum posts here that you did not take yourself and still hold the copyright for. All photos are copyrighted by the original photographer the moment they're taken (copyright notice or not), and we ask that members here respect that copyright, only embedding photos they took themselves in our forums, since we do not want to be put in a position of deciding what's fair use and what's not.

If you want to refer members to an image that you didn't take yourself, please post a link to the photographer's page instead of embedding the image in a post here. Thanks.

In that image's case, here's a link to the page with it that includes some notes about how it was taken:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drews-designs/4326325850/

JimC
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:10 PM   #4

1) Good lighting equipment, 2) reflectors, 3) tripod, 4) the right setting. Also, the car may have been masked out to provide even more contrast with the background. Your shot apparently lacked all of the above, plus the angle of your shot created reflections on the car that are distracting.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:11 PM   #5

yea im going to go out in a few and see if i can do it better
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:19 PM   #6

Zombs,

From what I can tell,your attempt to create this look is hampered by your location, and time of day. You cannot expect to have a dark background when it is in this setting. Look more closely at the setting of the one you want yours to look like Where is it? what time of day is it? (the light on the left side of the frame indicates it is close to dusk , or night as it is on). Is it in an open field in bright conditions? Nooo, It is in a corner of an alley where the background light is naturally blocked and subdued. I so not think there is any way to achieve this same effect from the setting you have chosen for yours....nor do I think that you can achieve the same effect using the radically different color of your car. The color of your subject matters hugely, the one you are wanting is highly reflective and bounces the light back while your black car absorbs most of the light.
Try using the sunlight and time of day, color of subject matter,and location of your photo shoot to more fit the effect you are trying to achieve...... Frank
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombz View Post
yea im going to go out in a few and see if i can do it better

Hells yes Zombs thats the ticket!!!! Jolly good show!! Frank
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:40 PM   #8

made a diffrence going through pics now got a few good ones then hands got ice cold lol put up a couple in a few
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:59 PM   #9

how r these anybetter lsot shapness when resized ps dont mind the front bumer is alittle dirty and needs to be repainted lol
Attached Images

Old Jan 3, 2011, 4:14 PM   #10

That is a lot better Zombz, as you can see the darker time of day takes away the need to fiddle around trying to get the effect just with camera settings. I do think that on the last pic the lighting is a little too streight on for the shot. I would illuminate it from the left side of the pic to get more out of it. However it is a very good improvement over the first one for the effect you are trying to get. Frank