Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Old May 10, 2011, 6:44 AM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default From Volvo Truck Road Expo

Latest model - three pictures
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2011, 6:45 AM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Picture number two
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Old May 10, 2011, 6:46 AM   #3

The inevitable - Frog's perspective
Attached Images

Old May 10, 2011, 3:54 PM   #4

Very nice. I like the last pix...wide angle..close up...emphasizes the size of this truck.

I'm a Volvo fan. Do you know if this model of Volvo truck had the Volvo gas V8...from which one bank of cylinders was developed into the Volvo B series 4 cylinder OHV engine ?

We never have the opportunity to see older European trucks over here...so thank you for providing this visual treat.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 7:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Very nice. I like the last pix...wide angle..close up...emphasizes the size of this truck.

I'm a Volvo fan. Do you know if this model of Volvo truck had the Volvo gas V8...from which one bank of cylinders was developed into the Volvo B series 4 cylinder OHV engine ?

We never have the opportunity to see older European trucks over here...so thank you for providing this visual treat.

Thank you, Les,

I did a search, this is a quote, you'll understand regardless of language

"Volvo Raske. 1961 tillkom den större L475 Raske, med en lastvikt på 5 ton. Förutom Starke-modellens dieselmotor fanns den även med en turbodiesel"

I can get some more information if you want. Noteworthy is perhaps the turbodiesel. The Volvo Museum may have additional data

http://www.volvogroup.com/group/glob...lvomuseum.aspx

Torgny

An earlier model, Volvo Brage (pretty much the same exterior) had, quote

1954 introducerade Volvo den medelstora lastbilen L370 Brage, med en lastvikt på 4,5 ton.[1] Brage hade bensinmotor med toppventiler. 1955 tillkom den enklare L360, med en lastvikt på 3,5 ton och sidventilsmotor

Last edited by Torgny; May 10, 2011 at 7:45 PM.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Thank you, Les,

I did a search, this is a quote, you'll understand regardless of language

"Volvo Raske. 1961 tillkom den större L475 Raske, med en lastvikt på 5 ton. Förutom Starke-modellens dieselmotor fanns den även med en turbodiesel"

I can get some more information if you want. Noteworthy is perhaps the turbodiesel. The Volvo Museum may have additional data

http://www.volvogroup.com/group/glob...lvomuseum.aspx

Torgny

An earlier model, Volvo Brage (pretty much the same exterior) had, quote

1954 introducerade Volvo den medelstora lastbilen L370 Brage, med en lastvikt på 4,5 ton.[1] Brage hade bensinmotor med toppventiler. 1955 tillkom den enklare L360, med en lastvikt på 3,5 ton och sidventilsmotor
Torgny,

Thanks for all the research. I checked it out....had some difficulty with the Swedish Language ()....but it was all useful. Also discovered on one of the websites you provided that there was a commercial truck version of the PV 444/544. I hadn't realized that fact.

I had a '62 PV 544 sedan with the twin carburetor B18 engine.

Please continue to post modern and vintage examples of Swedish cars/trucks...particularly Volvo, although I do like the early SAAB 3cylinder, two stroke cars.

les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote