Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:32 AM   #1

Default Audi RS5

For those who have seen my photography before (http://www.flickr.com/photos/p-k-w/) may be thinking that this is a relatively normal car compared to the ones I usually take pictures of. However, there's something about this picture that I really like and I think it might be mainly the composition with the car turning. I'm obviously biased here but I think this is a shot you might see in the car's brochure. Anyway, let me know what you think!
Attached Images

Canon EOS 550D ~ 18-55mm IS ~ 55-250mm IS ~ 430EXII
05mpwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:33 AM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

The angle is a good one. Some additional feedback though...just MHO:
a. The background overall is very cluttered and therefore a bit distracting (especially the pedestrian).
b. The reflections of the buildings on the car body also takes away from ther car itself.
c. The images seems a bot soft.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:42 AM   #3

Thanks for the feedback. I have wondered about that pedestrian before, I would very much prefer he wasn't there put it that way. About the softness though, on my computer, when full screen it is actually very sharp, it may have been the way that I downsised the image for uploading which may have meant some quality was lost.

Canon EOS 550D ~ 18-55mm IS ~ 55-250mm IS ~ 430EXII
05mpwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:04 AM   #4

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mpwright View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I have wondered about that pedestrian before, I would very much prefer he wasn't there put it that way. About the softness though, on my computer, when full screen it is actually very sharp, it may have been the way that I downsised the image for uploading which may have meant some quality was lost.
I checked out your postings on Flickr and those images are indeed nice and sharp. I usually upload my images to Photobucket.com and then copy the link into my postings here. They seem to maintain the sharpness. Here is an example of a recent image. Nikon D90 + Tamron 18-270 Di VC.

I am usually an aviation photographer, but I could not pass up the Golden Hour lighting on this2011 Camry.

Jehan

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote