Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:11 AM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default Volvo Duett Outside The Volvo Muséum

Everybody likes it
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Aug 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:18 AM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Some love it and want to marry it. Unfortunately the authorities won't allow that. "Don't ask - don't tell"
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Last edited by Torgny; Aug 14, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:25 AM   #3

Customized
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Aug 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Some love and want to marry it. Unfortunately the authorities won't allow that. "Don't ask - don't tell"
Very nice station wagon as we call them here. Boy does that remind me of my old 1962 Volvo PV544S with the B18s engine...twin SU carbs, etc.

I recall my old PV544 as having the most accurate, smoothest and quickest manual shifting I've ever had.

They imported a few station wagons, but not many. Also the picture of the truck is also very interesting. Looks like a truck based on some PV 444/544 components.

Thanks for posting.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Very nice station wagon as we call them here. Boy does that remind me of my old 1962 Volvo PV544S with the B18s engine...twin SU carbs, etc.

I recall my old PV544 as having the most accurate, smoothest and quickest manual shifting I've ever had.

They imported a few station wagons, but not many. Also the picture of the truck is also very interesting. Looks like a truck based on some PV 444/544 components.

Thanks for posting.

Les

Great, Les,

I had hoped you'd respond to these pictures. Just came home. Heavy rain all over the place. Took my best camera and rushed out for some exposures

Yes, all your facts are of course right. You know much more than I do about Volvos. The Duett was very versatile. Wish they did cars like that today. Had a couple of Renault 4L - pretty much like the Duett

Torgny

Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:56 AM   #6

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Don't know enough to comment about the wagon itself, but the picture is great. The raindrops on the wagon make for a beautiful image...#1 in particular is a stand-out!

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:03 PM   #7

Default Additional information

Enlarging the pictures one can see that the king's blue is a Volvo Duett 445. The green-black is a 210.

Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:28 PM   #8

I bought a used 544 wagon back in the early 1980s and enjoyed it very much. Loved the styling.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 4:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Great, Les,

I had hoped you'd respond to these pictures. Just came home. Heavy rain all over the place. Took my best camera and rushed out for some exposures

Yes, all your facts are of course right. You know much more than I do about Volvos. The Duett was very versatile. Wish they did cars like that today. Had a couple of Renault 4L - pretty much like the Duett

Torgny
I understand there was a 4WD UN...military type vehicle that I think was based on a Volvo sedan of the 60's...either a 544 or a 122..again functioned as a tough, 4WD light truck.

I haven't been to Europe for a long time. But have been over there about three times and I'm always intrigued by the European designed vehicles...many so different from over here in North America.

Some of the French vehicles....Renault (as you mentioned), Citroen, Peugeot certainly have a different twist....my experience in them (mostly Peugeot) is they are very comfortable conveyances.

Please keep posting European vehicles, especially the vintage variety. I enjoy seeing your well done pix.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2011, 5:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter C View Post
I bought a used 544 wagon back in the early 1980s and enjoyed it very much. Loved the styling.
Walter,

There still are PVs on the roads but not many. I never owned one but I would give some "kronor" (swedish currency) for one in that condition. Of course it's not for sale, though

//T