Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:23 AM   #1

Default Real muscle

Took these for a local business owner. These are some amazing trucks. The HDR at the bottom was just for fun, however they loved it. I ended up printing a 13x19 for them. C&C welcome.

ETA: EXIF was removed when I sent these files over to the client. Sorry, I can give details if anyone wants them.

billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:09 PM   #2

Great pictures of those heavy haulers. I really like the picture of the two trucks, photographed from the back and HDR'ed.

I do find the background wires distracting for me. But I realize you may have been restricted to taking photos at the truck yard and had little choice. Also, given the size of these trucks I understand that it's not an easy thing to find a nice background where you 'fit' something of this size.

Also I would like to see a picture encapsulating the entire tail ends of the trucks, but that could be because I'm a vehicle enthusiast.

Like the first and third pix....that low down angle emphasizes the size and power of these behemoths.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Great pictures of those heavy haulers. I really like the picture of the two trucks, photographed from the back and HDR'ed.

I do find the background wires distracting for me. But I realize you may have been restricted to taking photos at the truck yard and had little choice. Also, given the size of these trucks I understand that it's not an easy thing to find a nice background where you 'fit' something of this size.

Also I would like to see a picture encapsulating the entire tail ends of the trucks, but that could be because I'm a vehicle enthusiast.

Like the first and third pix....that low down angle emphasizes the size and power of these behemoths.
Thanks lesmore49! Yeah, I had to shoot on scene at their shop, so the background choices were dismal at best. Trying to position these trucks is no easy task, they're made to move other vehicles easily, not themselves

Here's a wider shot of the rear

billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:30 PM   #4

Nice hardware...!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
Thanks lesmore49! Yeah, I had to shoot on scene at their shop, so the background choices were dismal at best. Trying to position these trucks is no easy task, they're made to move other vehicles easily, not themselves

Here's a wider shot of the rear

I like that picture very much...really captures the size, specialization and the role of these very large tow trucks. Lot of axles on these trucks !

Looks like an overpass (highway ?) in the background....if so, the truck yard is in a perfect location to enable these highway tractor tow trucks to get out quickly on the highway to do their job....mostly towing medium duties and class 7/8 trucks
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote