Old Nov 19, 2012, 6:39 AM   #1

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Default Occupational Hazards

What I have to overcome...

To get shots like this...

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:13 PM   #2

I have wondered sometimes how you are able to get around all the access restrictions we have now.

However you do it, I do enjoy the final product. Excellent photo's Wingman.

Back in the '50's and '60's up here, one could go to an open air deck, very close to commercial planes landing and taking off.

Now of course....not at all.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 8:02 PM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
I have wondered sometimes how you are able to get around all the access restrictions we have now.

Les
Les,

Being upfront and polite to the authorities goes a long way. After a while, familiarity helps as well...my spotting partner and I are known around these parts as those crazies photographing airplanes every weekend Every once in a while we are evicted...

FYI, with the exception of a public "open house" at an airport, or an airshow, all my pictures are taken from outside the fence.

The challenge is to keep finding new angles and vantage points from which to spot while respecting the access restrictions. A photo like this one makes it all worthwhile!

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Les,

Being upfront and polite to the authorities goes a long way. After a while, familiarity helps as well...my spotting partner and I are known around these parts as those crazies photographing airplanes every weekend Every once in a while we are evicted...

FYI, with the exception of a public "open house" at an airport, or an airshow, all my pictures are taken from outside the fence.

The challenge is to keep finding new angles and vantage points from which to spot while respecting the access restrictions. A photo like this one makes it all worthwhile!

Jehan
Jehan,

You've got the right way to do it...being upfront and polite always is the best way.

BTW, I really enjoy your photo's....of planes and trains. Note you mentioned getting the right angle. That is a real key, one that I think is commonly overlooked.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote