Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Transportation

Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:51 PM   #1

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Default Double Stacked (For Torgny)

T: I tried to keep good vertical symmetry in this one. Some of the containers are actually leaning a bit. I thought the vertical lines as well as the variety in colors made for an intersting composition.

Jehan

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:12 AM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

That's big, Jehan,

What's the max speed for this set? You know, perfect verticals and horizontals don't exist in the real world. We'll have to let it be that way. I like the picture. Thank you very much

Torgny

Special colours - gamut of old film rolls. Somewhat sixties-ish or perhaps seventies-ish

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 28, 2013 at 6:15 AM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:06 AM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

T,

These trains can move up to about 50 MPH once they are out of urban areas. It amazes me that a train such as this with 100+ cars double stacked with containers can be pulled at those speeds by just 2 locomotives. Used to be that they'd need a 6 locomotive set.

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:03 PM   #4

Nice shot Jehan. With triple stacking we could have 33.33% more Chinese crap on our shelves. As a veteran of the Korean war I still remember that we are legally still at war with N. Korea and her ally China. It's a shame that this history has become a non-factor for most U.S. citizens.
100-300mm Minolta Maxxum APO Zoom
1.4X Promaster Spectrum Teleconverter
506mm Pentax PF80-ED spotting Scope(digiscoper)
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:59 PM   #5

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Nice shot Jehan. With triple stacking we could have 33.33% more Chinese crap on our shelves. As a veteran of the Korean war I still remember that we are legally still at war with N. Korea and her ally China. It's a shame that this history has become a non-factor for most U.S. citizens.

Well, taking on the People's Republic would be a tougher task than making war with North Korea :-) BTW- the latest republican presidential candidate just exported som high quality US workers to China

//T

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote