Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Oct 27, 2006, 7:35 AM   #11

Bahadir, nice shots, but please don't tell me you took them with your S70 lol.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 1:37 PM   #12

Yia!I am glad you liked them, Hercules. And you guessed it right...my good old S70 again!Believe me, it almost can feelthe degree of my admiration for the subject:lol:
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 5:06 PM   #13

That's fantastic bahadir, but why didn't you use the 300d, not that the S70 doesn't do it's job, it does a great job as i see.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 9:10 AM   #14

I have a good reason, my friend: I did not have the 300D when I shot them! I simply borrowed it from a friend of mine some weeks ago and returned it last week. I believe my friend is now enjoying my setting on hiscamera Yesterday I saw a 300D at the flea marketselling 200$ which I think was a bargain. Yet, ever since I handled the 350Drecently at thelocal retail shop I can't forget its sexy features making it (if not the 400D)my next to be small, carry around photographing machine!

Anyway, here's another shot from Miniaturk of the modelAltar of Zeus whose original was in Pergamum but now in Berlin Museum from which Turkey claimed it, like Greece claimed the friezes of the Parthenon(aka. Elgin Marbles)from the British Museum.

For me, this edifice represents the common destiny of the peoples inHellas and Anatolia long way back in history, sinceduring the construction of the temple by Attalos' son Eumenes II, it wasfinancially aidedby the Greeks as their gratitude to the Pergamese king Attalos who defeated the Gauls securing the destiny of the Hellenic sphere, too.
Attached Images

Old Oct 28, 2006, 4:14 PM   #15

Since you barrowed the 300D, i would go for the 350D or the 400D either one would be killer, they are both alot better than the 300D, but i don't know how much better the 400D is compared to the 350D. BTW nice last shot,,, Greece did claim the marbles that were stolden from england, but i don't think England will return them or did they i kind of forgot about that one and lost track.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:00 AM   #16

Kali mera!That's correct Hercules. Due thedetectable noise @ ISO 800 I should leave out the 300D unless I make an investmenttwice much the cost of the camera itself to buy a fast lens of F/2.0 orsth !Btw, I'm gladyou likedthe additional imageaddressed to you About the Elgin Marbles: elpida, my friend! Nevertheless, completion of New Acropolis Museum soonisa promising development that counts
Old Oct 29, 2006, 8:48 AM   #17

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Kali mera!That's correct Hercules. Due thedetectable noise @ ISO 800 I should leave out the 300D unless I make an investmenttwice much the cost of the camera itself to buy a fast lens of F/2.0 orsth !Btw, I'm gladyou likedthe additional imageaddressed to you About the Elgin Marbles: elpida, my friend! Nevertheless, completion of New Acropolis Museum soonisa promising development that counts
Kalimera bahadir,,,, no don't go for the 300D, get the 350D instead. I have been reading that the 400D is having little image problems, my advise is the 350D and if you can afford the 17-85 IS yes,, or if you wan't you could pick up the sigma 17-70 2.8 that's cheaper than the 17-85 but you'll be loosing range and no IS.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 6:20 AM   #18

You're tempting me Hercules Since I am more into architectural and landscape types I'd take the sharp Tokina 12-24 with either 350D or 400D!